Saturday, June 9, 2007

Two of New Hartford's historic buildings....

Peter and I had a chance to tour inside of two of New Hartford's oldest buildings this afternoon. The red one is an old dance hall. The dancing floor is on the third level, and you can still feel the spring in the floor boards. The other is a blacksmith's shop. New Hartford just received a grant to study the feasibility of restoring these places. They are both in tough shape. Inside were some definite treasures among the trash.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE THIS SORT OF STUFF. IT'S SO NOSTALGIC...EVEN FOR A YOUNGIN LIKE ME. HOW DID YOU GET TO TOUR IT???

B said...

How neat!!! What kind of dancing did they do there? Where are these buildings? :)

Anonymous said...

I can't belived that, incredible to see those old things and you know, in my dream of america, it's like that. Thank you so much to make it realist. - Carole

Anonymous said...

Again- great photos-I especially love the one with the candle in the window, of Sue, and from the BACK of the dance hall, which one never sees. I'm glad they are looking into preserving them, but WHY did people wait until they are falling down to start preserving them? And Carole- I hope you come to see America someday so we all can meet you! Peep!